12.25.2004

Merry Christmas

To help save in the number of trees that must get cut down just for Christmas Cards, this will be my version of a christmas card.

Jen and I enjoyed the past year in a number of ways. We rung in the year in style back in Tahoe during a huge storm cycle, and with a few hours of sleep, rose to several feet of more powder skiing at Squaw Valley. Our winter continued to be good with a trip to Colorado for me to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday. I enjoyed a hut trip outside of Aspen with many great friends while I was out there. For Jen's birthday, we traveled up to the great town of Nelson, British Columbia and the ski area of Whitewater. A great little area with tons of backcountry terrain. We spoiled ourselves here our first ever day of snowcat skiing. A recommended adventure for everyone! As I got laid off from work in the Spring, I pushed the kitchen remodel into full swing with anticipations of starting law school in the fall. Check out www.2814eastolive.blogspot.com for more details on this ongoing project. As Jen finished her second year, she didn't get too much of a break as she had to study all summer her board exams. This included study sesssions on the weekends. This allowed me to do a good deal of kayaking on the weekends with all my friends. Several trips to BC and a trip to Wyoming made it another memorable season of boating. See below for a more detailed account of some of these trips. As fall approached I learned that I would not gain acceptance to law school. While disappointing at first, it has seemingly been a blessing in disguise. Allowing me more time to work on the house (finish the kitchen), find work for myself doing small carpentery projects, and continue kayaking and skiing on my own schedule....can't really ask for much more. The fall was memorable for some friends coming out for a week long kayak, birthday celebration and then a trip back to Colorado for my brothers wedding. Currently, the NW is suffering through a drought for snow, but we are anxiously waiting to get back on the boards, and building a desk until then. Hope the holidays treat you all well. Merry Christmas!

No comments: