9.30.2004

Clean Teeth.....Clean Rivers?

On the Clendenning Trip (see below) I did not pack toothpaste (but borrowed others). I was surprised to see that practically everyone was using "Crest" or "Colgate" or some other major label. So giving people the benefit of the doubt that this might be unknown information, I will pass this on:

Tom's of Maine toothpaste has created a five-year partnership with River Network, The Nature Conservancy, the National Park Service's Rivers & Trails Program and participating retailer to launch the National Rivers Awareness Program. This is in addition to the natural ingredients they use, recycled packaging, and on and on.

As most of you know, I am a huge proponent of conscienous consumerism. I think the choice is clear here. For kayakers and anyone else who values rivers, we should all be supporting Tom's of Maine.

my 2cents.

No comments: