10.12.2006

Fun in Intellectual Property Class

My IP class is by far my most fun course of the semester. We are constantly listening to music, watching movies, surfing the web and examining other forms of pop culture and how they relate to trademarks, copyrights, and patents - the backbone of Intellectual Property Law.

This is an area of law I have taken a particular interest in as of recently. This interest is especially sparked in regards to the public interest as it relates to issues within this field. We had a guest speaker today, COLETTE VOGELE, who specializes in podcasting.

She began with this VIDEO.

What do you think? Do you think that should be illegal????

Here are some other resources if your interest is piqued.
A NonProfit Center at Stanford with lots of info if you dig a little
A free book and related topics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shane, thanks for the comments about my lecture. It was a fun class for me too. You and your colleagues asked some tough questions and are right at the forefront of these issues. The cover-mashup-sample "remix continuum" is an interesting concept. I'll have to give that some thought. Good luck in your IP pursuits!
-Colette (ps: I'm marking this "anonymous" only because I can't seem to get through the log-in/password script with my gmail login...)